Donate to the Tom Lanigan Memorial Fund


Sunday, March 21, 2010

Adventures with Uncle Tommy

I LOVE this picture of Uncle Tommy! He is definitely in his element. Although I was sad when he and Aunt Jana moved to Colorado (away from our California family), I believe in my heart that he was meant to live out the rest of his life there. Colorado seemed to be full of the adventures that Uncle Tommy lived for. I will always be in awe of his ability to live life to its fullest!

Some of my greatest childhood memories are from the weekends spent on Uncle Tommy's adventures . . . lemon launcher mishaps, paintball wars, long (really long) drives to wherever it landed us, beach trips, flying passenger in his plane (to see Paula Abdul and Color Me Badd - yes, really), spending Easter watching the horse races, and so many more! In fact, most of the crazy fun things I did as a kid were instigated by my Uncle Tommy.

In his memory and for my children, I shall strive to be at least half as fun as he was. I love you, Uncle Tommy!

4 comments:

  1. Emily, I planted a lemon tree today in your dad's memory. And my promise to you is that the first fruit this tree bares will be fired from my Tommy's Special .50 caliber limited edition Lemon Launcher, followed by me running for cover hoping the police can't figure out where it came from.

    You will be missed, Tommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, that is THE most wonderful thing EVER! He would be so honored. That's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you throw a party once the first 'crop' arrives? And save just one so I could put it in my beer? I'll be sure to bring the REAL microbrew stuff from the PacNW as Tommy would like it that way:) Cheers to Uncle Tommy!

    ReplyDelete