Donate to the Tom Lanigan Memorial Fund


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Lemon Launcher

The lemon launcher was an amazing invention. You take a long narrow piece of PVC pipe and then a short fat one and connect them with a coupling. In the short fat piece you drill and insert an igniter. You then thread the end and tightly screw on a cap. Insert a lemon into the end of the narrow tube, spray a bit of something aerosol and flammable into the short end and then screw on the cap. Hit the igniter and hold on tight! (I will see if I can find photos)

Phill Bogart- I'm going to miss him... even though I didn't get to know him very well, he was great to hang around with the times the families DID get together. I'll never forget his lemon cannon the most. Tommy-made awesomeness. Don't stop hugging your mom and YOU be careful with what you're carrying. K? Doreen & I love you guys.

Lynn Thompson- lemon launcher, hostess ice cream cakes, Mtn Ave Halloween Carnival Prize Booth, dry ice in the pool for Halloween, Dinner on the Pier in Redondo, etc.....

Joanne Cyr Maginn Doyle- Tommy made me a lemon launcher for my 40th b-day..I lauched it out of my back yard in Glendale and broke a window down the street...I still have the launcher..it was purple...shootin that thing nearly took by arm off..I think we used ether to ignite...
Emily Lanigan- I remember that Joann. It was hilarious! And I'm pretty sure you guys ran inside and hid. TROUBLE! :D:D:D:D
Joanne Cyr Maginn Doyle- Yea..I think me and your dad hid in a closet..hehehe. I am going to have to find the photos of me shooting that thing and your dad in the background. I have it...will post soon..meaning in a couple days or so..i am learning how to scan..Whoa watch out..
Allison Maginn- That lemon launcher was awesome. It was somehow "gas" powered and all. It was this really awkward pale purple, too. I remember when they launched that, I laughed so hard I peed my pants. I was 10.
Emily Lanigan- I remember leaving late for your birthday party because the paint hadn't dried yet. He picked those colors out special hahaha
Joanne Cyr Maginn Doyle- I remember that too. H ehanded to me and I said WTF? At first i was taken a back..lke what knd of gift is this..but i have enjoyed it in the desert many times. It was the highlight of the party..Tommy was so proud and excited to give that to me..

Lynn Thompson- Tommy brought one of the launchers to a birthday party. We were launching lemons all over our hills then the cops showed up and confiscated it. The neighbors thought we had a missle launcher. I bet those cops are still playing with it. Too fun!

Kelley Bannon Lashley- I am having lemon launcher flashbacks! God, he was the GREATEST!

3 comments:

  1. Em, did you see Dan's comment to my "Adventures with Uncle Tommy" post? He and Rhett planted a lemon tree in our backyard on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jana,Emily and Evan, My heart had been aching for a week now. I feel bless that the kids and I got to spend an afternoon with you all last summer in Colorado. I will never forget the many fun times I spent with Tommy. He taught me to water ski, took me fishing in the mountains in Tahoe, tooking me sailing and dumped us into the freezing cold water at Falling Leaf Lake and yes my favorite story was giving Evan a dead rat for Christmas. We will all miss him dearly. Hope to see you all soon.
    Love always cousin Tammy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, NO! I haven't seen that yet. That is AMAZING!!!!!

    Tammy, wonderful times. I'm really glad that your kids got to spend some time with him too. He really really enjoyed them and went on about how great they are.

    ReplyDelete